Placing Items on Reserves
PAGE CONTENTS 2 minute read.
WHAT ARE RESERVES?
The UNT Libraries holds and distributes materials for instructors as required or recommended reading for their courses. These materials are placed at a service desk within the libraries or are made available online and can include books, articles, chapters of books, sample tests, videos, CDs, and DVDs.
To place items on reserves, please familiarize yourself with our reserves policies, and fill out the reserve request form or visit the appropriate Library Service Desk. Course reserves requests should be submitted by May 31st for the Fall semester, October 15th for the Winter and Spring semester, and March 1st for the Summer semester. In order to have material on Reserves in a timely manner, it is necessary for the Libraries to receive Reserves requests a minimum of two weeks prior to their initial use by students; otherwise, the Libraries cannot guarantee availability by the date needed. Additional time may be required for electronic reserves, media, and purchase requests.
HOW DO I PLACE ITEMS ON RESERVE?
- Requests to place eligible items on reserve for all locations can be made using the reserve request form.
LOCATIONS OF RESERVES AT SERVICE DESKS
Course reserves are divided among library service desks based on the course subject.
- Willis Library: Arts, Sciences, Education, Humanities, Social Sciences, World Languages and Spanish Courses. These subjects are located at the Library Services Desk, 1st floor.
- Music Library: Music materials including books, scores, CDs, vinyl records, and film. This subject is located at the Music Library Service Desk, and certain study carrels in the Music Library, 4th floor, Willis Library.
- Discovery Park Library: Computer Science, Library & Information Sciences, Engineering, and Material Science Courses. These subjects are located at the Discovery Park Library Service Desk.
- Sycamore Library: Business, Economics, Emergency Management and Disaster Science, Geography, Political Science, and Public Administration Course Reserves and Government Documents and Law materials. These subjects are located at the Sycamore Library Service Desk, Sycamore Hall.
- Frisco Landing Library: College of Applied and Collaborative Studies and other courses being taught at Frisco. Regardless of the course subject, reserve materials for courses being taught at Frisco are held at the Frisco Landing Library Service Desk.
- Media Library: Materials including film, video, and tabletop games. Regardless of the course being taught, media reserve materials are located at the Media Library Services Desk, on the second floor of Willis Library.