PAGE CONTENTS 1 minute read.
UNT employs students on an hourly basis in a variety of positions that are both challenging and responsible. The Libraries offer flexible work schedules during the fall, spring, and summer terms. Jobs are posted throughout the year through UNT’s Career Center.
The UNT Libraries offers practicum experience to library graduate students.
- Government Information: Preservation Steward
- Online Learning
- Media Digitization & Assessment
- Programming and Outreach
Graduate Services Assistantships and Research Assistantships
Graduate Services Assistants (GSAs) and Research Assistants (RAs) have professional responsibilities in UNT’s four libraries. The program is open to full-time Master’s, Doctoral, and Certificate of Advanced Studies (post-Masters) students in a variety of majors. More about the Assistantships.
At UNT, staff jobs with similar functions and skill requirements are organized into career bands. Each career band contains jobs arranged from the lowest to the highest levels of responsibility, allowing employees to easily see possible next steps in their career progression. About Staff Positions and Rankings.
- Senior Administrative Specialist
- Computer Lab Supervisor - Frisco Landing
- Library Administrative Services Coordinator (HR)
- Library Services Associate- User Accounts
- Library Services Manager - Sycamore Library
- Managing Editor, University Press
- Library Services Associate
Librarians at UNT are required to hold at least a master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA accredited program, and work within the standards, policies, and rules of the academic profession. About Librarian Positions and Rankings.
- University Archivist
- Data Services Librarian
- Head, Media and Discovery Park Libraries
- Head of Frisco Landing Library
- Digital Archivist
- Head of Research Support Services
- Science Librarian
UNT offers a great benefits and leave package including a wide variety of perks to meet the needs of our diverse workforce. All full-time and part-time (50%+) faculty and staff are eligible for benefits.