Services and Resources for Faculty
PAGE CONTENTS 3 minute read.
The UNT Libraries are committed to meeting the research and instructional needs of its faculty as well as its students. To assist in this goal, we have brought together the services and information that we feel are of particular interest to faculty members. If you need help, please contact your Subject Librarian.
Borrowing & Requesting
- Collection Development Policies
- Faculty Borrowing Privileges
- New Free Online Resource Recommendation (Form)
- New Purchase Request/Recommendation (Form)
- Renew Your Materials
- TexShare & OCLC Cards
- Placing Items on Reserve - updated info 03/17/20
- Faculty Reserve Request - Books, Book Chapter / Electronic Reserves, Journal Articles: Paper or Electronic Reserves (Form)
- Streaming Media Faculty Request Form (Form)
- Faculty Reserve Request - Music (Form)
- Click to Count -(how to share copies of articles in the LMS)
Finding Research Materials
The libraries provide you with access to hundreds of databases, a new catalog containing millions of items, as well as unique digital and special collections for unique research with primary source materials. An extensive annotated listing of searchable research tools is available from the main “research” page, linked in the top-most navigation bar of every library webpage.
- Article Searching —Advanced
- UNT Digital Collections — Thesis/Dissertations, Gov. Documents, Archival Papers, Film, Music, and more. all online
- UNT Special Collections — University Archives, Rare & Unique Collections from the Southwest and beyond. some online, some with restricted physical access
Discover (New Catalog)
We’ve updated the catalog to be a more modern, easier to search system. Discover allows you to filter and refine your search across multiple categories. Learn more about discover here.
The (Old) Catalog
While searching in the new Discover search system is both faster and much more precise, we’re keeping the older catalog around for the foreseeable future in case you need it.
Instruction & Classroom Support
- Instruction Session and Tour Scheduling (Form)
- Library Instruction
- Library Learning Services Department - Undergraduate Support
- Library Research Support Services Department - Graduate & Faculty Support
- Subject Librarians - Departmental Contacts, Course Guide Support
Locations, Classrooms & Lecture Spaces
- Locations & Hours
- Spaces for Faculty Use - Lists Classroom, Lecture Spaces, etc.
- Room Reservations (Currently Suspended)
- Faculty Delivery Service - Office/Campus Locations
- Illiad Login
- Material Delivery Service - Library Locations
- Media Booking & Courier Service
Research & Publishing
- Copyright Advisory Services
- Grant-funded Research Projects
- Open Access @ UNT
- Research Data Management
- Scholarly Publishing Services
- UNT Press
- UNT Scholarly Works