Information for Community Members & Visitors
PAGE CONTENTS 2 minute read.
The UNT Libraries provide a number of resources and services for the wider community, as well as serve as a hub of activity on campus for special events. This page provides quick access to some of the most important information we provide for visitors, community members, alumni, and others who aren’t actively doing research in the libraries.
Find Us or Ask Questions
- Ask Us A Question By Phone or Email
- Hours of Operation
- Locations, Buildings, Parking, etc.
- Meeting, Lecture, and Presentation Spaces
- Courtesy Cards - info on applying for lending privileges
- TexShare Cards - accepted from other member institutions
- How to Check Out Materials, Fines, etc.
- Accounts Login
Featured Collections and Services
- Government Information Connection - assistance with locating governmental or legal information, forms, laws, maps, etc.
- Funding Information Network - help with grants, fundraising research, and programs for local nonprofits.
- Business & Entrepreneur Resources - assistance with starting or growing a business, basic patent and trademark research.
- Unique Collections featured in our: Music, Media, and Special Collections
- UNT Digital Library, Portal to Texas History, & the Gateway to Oklahoma History - freely-available, online digital repositories of primary source materials, newspapers, documents, etc.
- UNT Special Collections - unique and rare materials owned by the UNT Libraries. Puts on regular physical/online exhibits.
Computers, Printing, Scanning, Copies
- Community Workstations - a limited number of computers are available for general public use
- Pay 2 Print & Photocopy Machines
- 3D Replications Services Available in the Spark
Services Available to Community Members
- Access to library books and other materials in open collections
- Access to federal and state government publications
- Assistance in locating collections and services
- Reference assistance including basic instruction for the online catalog
- Referrals to other library collections and services outside of the UNT Libraries
- Remote access to the UNT online catalog, UNT Digital Library, and Portal to Texas History
- Access to designated Community computers at Willis Library and the Eagle Commons Library
Services Not Available to Community Members
- Interlibrary loan (Illiad)
- Information Commons computer lab workstations
- Access to Course Reserve materials
- Course-specific instruction
- Remote access to our licensed databases