Information for Community Members & Visitors
PAGE CONTENTS 2 minute read.
The UNT Libraries provide a number of resources and services for the wider community, as well as serve as a hub of activity on campus for special events. This page provides quick access to some of the most important information we provide for community members, alumni, and other visitors.
Find Us or Ask Questions
Visitors need a courtesy card to check out library materials. Visit the Courtesy Cards webpage to review eligibility options. The UNT Libraries is a member of the TexShare program. Visitors with a valid TexShare card are eligible for borrowing materials after applying for a courtesy card via the online application form or at the Willis Library Services Desk. To learn more about borrowing materials and related policies, visit the Check Out Materials webpage. Visitors who have obtained a courtesy card can view their library account online.
Featured Collections and Services
- Government Information Connection - assistance with locating governmental or legal information, forms, laws, maps, etc.
- Nonprofit Resources - help with grants, fundraising research, and programs for local nonprofits.
- Business & Entrepreneur Resources - assistance with starting or growing a business, basic patent and trademark research.
- Unique Collections featured in our: Music, Media, and Special Collections
- UNT Digital Library, Portal to Texas History, & the Gateway to Oklahoma History - freely-available, online digital repositories of primary source materials, newspapers, documents, etc.
- UNT Special Collections - unique and rare materials owned by the UNT Libraries. Puts on regular physical/online exhibits.
Computers, Printing, Scanning, Copies
- Community Workstations - a limited number of computers are available for general public use
- Pay 2 Print & Photocopy Machines
Services Available to Community Members
- Access to library books and other materials in open collections
- Access to federal and state government publications
- Assistance in locating collections and services
- Reference and research assistance
- Library instruction for school groups covering practical interdisciplinary research strategies to provide students with general college research experience
- Referrals to other library collections and services outside of the UNT Libraries
- Remote access to the UNT online catalog, UNT Digital Library, and Portal to Texas History
- Access to designated Community computers at Willis Library and the Sycamore Library
Services Not Available to Community Members
- Interlibrary loan (Illiad)
- Student computer workstations and laptops
- Access to Course Reserve materials
- Course-specific instruction
- Remote access to our licensed databases