Media Library Reserve Policy
Instructors may place Media Library items, personal items, or legal off-air recordings on reserve for students to view in the library. All reserve items are entered into the UNT Library Catalog and can be searched by the instructor’s name, course number, or title.
The Media Library requires 48 hours to process and place an item on reserve. Please contact the Assistant Circulation Manager at (940) 565-4702 or go to the Media Library Service Desk in person to place items on reserve.
Media Library Collection
- Reserve items belonging to the Media Library may be taken out by other instructors for a 24 hour period for use in class.
- Bookings placed on an item by other faculty before the item was put on reserve will be honored.
**[Request an item be placed on reserve].**
- The Media Library carefully handles any personal items placed on reserve, but accepts no liability for loss or damage that may occur to the materials while it is in the Media Library.
- The Media Library courier cannot pick up or return personal items because a signature by the owner is required.
- Illegal copies of materials will not be placed on reserve.
- Items that have been recorded off air will only be placed on reserve if they are in compliance with copyright law and the guidelines for off-air recording, which limits viewing time to 45 days.
- Please contact the Media Library for more information about requesting off air recordings.
- Approved: 06/11/12
- Revised: 06/25/19