PAGE CONTENTS 2 minute read.
For Instructors: Placing Items on Reserves.
What Are Course Reserves?
- The UNT Libraries holds and distributes course reading materials, including some textbooks, for students as requested by instructors. These materials are placed at a service desk within the libraries or are made available online and can include books, articles, chapters of books, sample tests, videos, CDs, and DVDs.
- Although we do not have copies of all course textbooks, we do have many that have been placed on reserves by instructors or are part of the UNT Libraries’ collection. To determine if your textbook is on reserves, please go to our Find Course Reserves page or you may search for the title in the library catalog.
- Library materials that are on reserves have a more limited checkout periods than items in the general collection and accrue overdue fines. For information about checkout periods and fine rates, visit the Borrowing Reserves & Laptops policy.
- There are special access restrictions for electronic items that are on reserves. Once you have located an electronic reserve by searching the Find Course Reserves page, you must follow the provided login instructions. The Course Password for online reserves items is distributed by the instructor to students currently enrolled in the course. Library staff are unable to provide the course password.
- Digital Audio Materials can be accessed via the Digital Audio Reserves System.
Locations of Reserves at Service Desks
Course reserves for physical items are divided among library service desks based on the course subject.
- Art, science, technology, humanities and social sciences: Located at the Library Services Desk, 1st floor, Willis Library.
- Music: Located at the Music Library Service Desk, and certain study carrels in the Music Library, 4th floor, Willis Library.
- Engineering, library and information sciences, computer science, and materials science: Located at the Discovery Park Library Service Desk.
- Government documents, economics, political science, geography, public administration and business: Located at the Sycamore Library Service Desk, Sycamore Hall.
- Media: Regardless of the course being taught, media (motion pictures, slides, videos, video-games, etc.) reserve materials are located at the Media Library Services Desk, Chilton Hall. Review the Media Reserves Policy here