Distance Learning Requests
PAGE CONTENTS 2 minute read.
UNT Students who meet eligibility requirements may request delivery of library owned items at no charge. This service includes mailing of physical items, such as books, and electronic delivery of items, such as articles.
Eligibility for Services
You are eligible for distance learning services if you are a UNT student and you qualify in any one of the following ways:
- Currently enrolled in a online course and not attending a class that meets in Denton at least once a week.
- Currently enrolled at a UNT affiliated campus and not attending a class that meets in Denton at least once a week.
- A doctoral student currently enrolled in a dissertation class.
- A doctoral student previously enrolled in a dissertation class and living outside Denton.
Students enrolled in a distance learning class may request regular, circulating books and journal articles that are available at the UNT Libraries to be sent to them. There is no charge for this service. A mailer, along with packing materials is provided to return books. If available, UNT-owned materials are generally sent out within 48 hours; articles will be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account, while books are sent Express Mail through the U.S. Post Office. Notification will be sent for materials that are not available.
Requesting Books and Articles Owned by the UNT Libraries
Books and articles owned by UNT Libraries may be requested:
- Electronically, by completing the appropriate form in your ILLiad account. Submit one form per article and/or book.
- For loan rules and length of checkout see Circulation Policies.
Eligible Material Types
- Regular circulating books owned by UNT Libraries.
- Copies of journal articles and reserve material.
- Non-book materials cannot be requested.
Limits to Copies
- One article in a single journal issue.
- One chapter in a book.
- Staff discretion of more than 50 pages for a single item.
Requests for Reserve Material:
- Copies of journal articles, class notes, tests, etc. may be requested by completing the Reserves request form in your ILLiad account. Items will be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account.
- Reserve books are normally not sent by mail but copies of a chapter or other portions of the books can be delivered electronically to your ILLiad account.
Requests for items not owned by the UNT Libraries
If an item is needed that is not owned by the UNT Libraries, use Interlibrary Loan.
- Articles: For articles requested through ILL, you will receive them electronically.
- Physical Materials: Books and microfilm can be requested but ILL cannot mail them to you. These items must be picked up in person at the Willis Library, Discovery Park Library.
- Other Options: If you are unable to pick up a book or microfilm at one of the libraries listed above, you should be able to request the material through the Interlibrary Loan Department at your local public library.