Grants Received in 2012
Thanks to the following granting agencies for their generous support of our digital projects:
National Endowment for the Humanities
A We the People grant to the University of New Mexico and the UNT Libraries for the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP), “Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers.”
Texas State Library and Archives Commission
The UNT Libraries, Dallas Municipal Archives, and the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza received a TexTreasures grant for “Fifty Years Later: the John F. Kennedy Assassination,” a grant to digitize and provide free public access to primary sources related to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. See the John F. Kennedy collection.
Grants to digitize historical newspaper issues:
- The Rusk Cherokeean in partnership with the Singletary Memorial Library. See the Rusk Cherokeean collection.
- The Claude News in partnership with the Claude Public Library. See the Claude News collection.
- The Atlanta Citizens Journal, and the Naples Monitor in partnership with the Atlanta Public Library. See the Atlanta Citizens Journal collection.
- The Nolan County News, and Sweetwater Reporter in partnership with the Sweetwater City-County Library. See the Sweetwater Reporter collection.
- The Winnsboro Weekly News, and Mineola Monitor in partnership with the Mineola Public Library. See the Mineola newspaper collection.
- The Crosbyton Review, and Crosby County News in partnership with the Crosby County Public Library. See the Crosbyton Review collection.
- The Mexia Herald in partnership with the Gibbs Memorial Library. See the Mexia newspaper collection.