UNT Libraries Patron/Customer Conduct Policy
POLICY CONTENTS 2 minute read.
Disciplinary action information related to all UNT Libraries locations.
Right To Refuse Services
The UNT Libraries reserve the right to refuse services to any patron who acts irresponsibly by disrupting the use of the facilities or by being disrespectful to other patrons or to a library employee. Any employee can exercise the right to refuse service when confronted by a patron acting inappropriately. Inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Uncivil, disruptive behavior, including loud and offensive language.
- Unreasonable, disruptive demands for service.
- Suspicion of being under the influence of controlled substances or alcohol.
- Threatening or erratic behavior.
- Damaging university equipment or property
Notices Of Policies & Policy Violations
According to the Dean of Students, it is not the responsibility of UNT Libraries’ employees to educate patrons on the policy and procedures. Library employees may inform a patron of specific policies or policy violations
If a patron is found to be abusing a policy or exhibiting disruptive behavior in the facility, a verbal warning will be issued.
After one warning is issued, the patron will be asked to leave the facility.
The patron is expected to leave the facility immediately.
If the patron fails to leave, the police will be called to escort the patron from the facility.
If a patron is found to be participating in illegal behavior or activities, the police will be called immediately.
When an abusive or disruptive pattern is discovered, the patron may be banned from the libraries for the remainder of the semester. Additionally, a record of the incident will be forwarded to the Dean of Students to be added to the student’s permanent record for student patrons and other relevant offices as appropriate for staff and faculty .
- Facilities Use Coordination
- Free Speech and Public Assembly on Campus Grounds
- Texas Education Code Section 37.123 - Disruptive Activities (2019)
- Code of Student Conduct
- Prohibition of Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Prohibition Against Sexual Misconduct and Retaliation
- University Police Enforcement
- Staff Employee Discipline and Involuntary Termination
- Workplace Violence
- Faculty Misconduct and Discipline
- CARE Assessment Team and Involuntary Student Medical Withdrawal
- Approved: 03/2022