Damaged Item Charges
POLICY CONTENTS 1 minute read.
Information about fines and fees related to damaged items.
Abuse of Materials
All cases of flagrant abuse of library materials, property, or the willful disregard of library regulations pertaining to the use of library materials will be referred to the Associate Dean for Public Services. The Libraries may exercise any of the following options:
- The individual may be required to make restitution for the material or property (see below).
- The individual may be referred to the Dean of Students Office.
- The Libraries may refuse to allow the individual to check out materials.
- The Libraries may refuse to allow the individual to enter the Libraries’ buildings.
Damage to Materials
Damage to library materials includes, but is not limited to:
- Spills from food and drink or other substances.
- Damage to the cover or spine.
- Cutting, tearing, or dog-earing pages.
- Writing on the pages with pencil, pen, or other markers.
Materials That Are Returned Damaged But Salvageable:
- You will be billed $15.00 for repairs.
Materials That Are Returned Damaged And Not Salvageable:
- You will be billed the lost item fee for the item.
- In some instances, all or a portion of the fines due.
- Approved: 06/03/12
- Revised: 01/11/17
- Revised: 09/06/17
- Revised: 06/24/20