24 Student Computing Center @ the Library Disciplinary Action Plan
POLICY CONTENTS 1 minute read.
Disciplinary action information related to the Willis 24 Center.
Right to Refuse Services
The UNT Student Computer Labs reserve the right to refuse services to any patron who acts irresponsibly by disrupting the use of the facilities or by being disrespectful to other patrons or to a lab employee. Any lab employee can exercise the right to refuse service when confronted by a patron acting irresponsibly. Irresponsible behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
- Rudeness including loud and offensive language.
- Unreasonable demands for service.
- Being under the influence of controlled substances or alcohol.
- Threatening or erratic behavior.
Notices of Policies & Policy Violations
According to the Dean of Students, it is not the responsibility of SCC (SCL) employees to educate patrons on the lab policy and procedures. SCC employees may inform a patron of specific policies or policy violations.
- If a patron is found to be abusing a policy or exhibiting disruptive behavior in the facility, a verbal warning will be issued.
- After one warning is issued, the patron will be asked to leave the facility.
- The patron is expected to leave the facility immediately.
- If the patron fails to leave, the police will be called to escort the patron from the facility.
- If a patron is found to be participating in illegal behavior or activities, the police will be called immediately.
- When an abusive or disruptive pattern is discovered, the patron will be banned from the lab for the remainder of the semester. Additionally the patron’s file will be forwarded to the Dean of Students to be added to the student’s permanent record.
- Remember that use of the computer lab is a privilege, and privileges can be revoked.
- Approved: 07/04/12
- Revised: 01/12/17