First Chair Chats
As Bob Dylan sang, “The times, they are a-changin’.” To this end, we are proud to present First Chair Chats, a Digital Music Collective at UNT Libraries focused on discussions that are reshaping the music landscape today and tomorrow. Special guests from music pedagogy, production, protection, and preservation will join the UNT Music Library staff in exploring some major changes on the horizon, and how each group is responding to these new opportunities.
Join Jeffrey Snider, Julie Giroux, Andrew Trachsel, and Rachael Zipperer for a comprehensive chat on how the current coronavirus pandemic has affected musicians and how creative artists are handling this issue.
- Adam La Spata, Ph.D. - UNT Music Special Collections
- Jeffrey Snider, D.M.A. – UNT Associate Professor, Vocal Studies
- Julie Giroux – Emmy Award Winning Composer
- Andrew Trachsel, D.M.A. – UNT Associate Professor, Wind Studies
- Rachael Zipperer – UNT Archivist
Join Maristella Feustle, Rebecca Geoffroy-Schwinden, Kevin Hawkins, and John Murphy as they discuss the current landscape of copyright law, and how recent changes to policy will impact works both new and old.
- Maristella Feustle - Music Special Collections Librarian
- Rebecca Geoffroy-Schwinden - Assistant Professor of Music History
- Kevin Hawkins - Asstistant Dean, Scholarly Communication
- John Murphy - Professor Emeritus of Jazz History, former Chair of the Division of Jazz Studies