UNT Press Editorial Program
PAGE CONTENTS 1 minute read.
The output from UNT Press is approximately 25 publications a year (print and corresponding ebook) in the humanities and social sciences, with special emphasis on Texas history and culture, military history, western history, music, folklore, multicultural topics, literary nonfiction, natural and environmental history, and culinary history. Poetry and fiction books are published only in the Vassar Miller and Katherine Anne Porter Prize competitions.
Special series include:
- Al Filo: Mexican American Studies Series
- American Military Studies
- Great American Cooking Series
- Katherine Anne Porter Prize in Short Fiction
- Mayborn Best American Newspaper Narrative Series
- Mayborn Literary Nonfiction Series
- North Texas Lives of Musicians Series
- North Texas Military Biography and Memoir Series
- Practical Guide Series
- Publications of the Texas Folklore Society
- Sonic Crossings
- Temple Big Thicket Series
- Texas Local
- Vassar Miller Prize in Poetry
- War and the Southwest Series
Staff of UNT Press
The Press was founded in 1987 under the Provost’s administration; in 2010 the Press merged with UNT Libraries and now reports to the Dean of Libraries.