Metadata Input Guidelines: Meta Information
PAGE CONTENTS 1 minute read.
Information captured by the digital library system.
- Meta information is data captured automatically by the digital
library system about a specific digital object including:
- date the digital object was uploaded
- original metadata creator (pre-upload)
- last editor to change the metadata record
- date of last changes to the metadata record
- other information stored in the system about the metadata or digital object
- The meta information is not related to the physical objects in any way
- Meta information cannot be changed or added by metadata editors
- Meta information is only visible to metadata editors with access to system records and is located at the end of each metadata record