Faculty Borrowing Privileges
PAGE CONTENTS 1 minute read.
Who is Considered UNT Faculty for Borrowing Purposes?
- UNT faculty are individuals holding a current faculty appointment at UNT
- Part-time, visiting, and adjunct faculty as well as researchers can also receive faculty privileges through arrangements with the Library Services Desk, 1st floor, Willis Library
- Retired UNT faculty
- UNTHSC-FW faculty
Who is Not Considered Faculty?
- Teaching Assistants
- Teaching Fellows
- Graduate Assistants
Loan Periods, Loan Limits, Fines, Etc.
- Faculty are typically extended special loan periods and limits for items. See the relevant sections of individual circulation policies.
- Faculty are not charged fines for overdue materials.
- Faculty are blocked when items are more than 30 days overdue.
- If faculty fail to return materials or return materials with damage, they will be billed for the replacement of the item or for repairing the damage. Circulation privileges will be suspended until materials are returned or paid for.
Faculty Delivery Service
The faculty delivery service is designed to provide faculty easier access to library materials and to accommodate your research needs.
General Circulating Items
UNT Faculty may authorize a teaching assistant to check out materials under the faculty member’s name.
- Send an e-mail to Access Services with the name of the student authorized to check out library materials on the account.
- The authorized person will need their student ID.
- Teaching fellows, teaching assistants, and members of the regular full-time university classified staff ARE NOT eligible to grant faculty authorization.
Interlibrary Loan Materials
UNT Faculty may authorize an assistant to pick up requested Interlibrary Loan materials by contacting the Interlibrary Loan office at (940) 565-2495 or send an e-mail to Interlibrary Loan.