Photocopy Policy: General
The photocopy policy of the UNT Libraries will be in compliance with the Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code).
To aid in the interpretation and understanding of this law, the following guidelines and policy models will be used, although none of these is intended to add to, delete from, or modify the law itself nor is this list intended to be all inclusive:
- Guidelines for Classroom Copying in Not-for-Profit Educational Institutions with Respect to Books and Periodicals.
- Guidelines for Educational Uses of Music.
- CONTU Guidelines on Photocopying under Interlibrary Loan Arrangements.
- Model Policy Concerning College and University Photocopying for Classroom, Research and Library Reserve Use.
- Guidelines for Off-Air Recordings of Broadcast Programing for Educational Purposes.
- Fair-Use Guidelines for Electronic Reserve Systems (CONFU).
The law and copies of these guidelines can be found in the UNT Libraries collection.
- Approved: 06/11/12
- Revised: 01/12/17