UNT Library Council for Diversity and Inclusion
PAGE CONTENTS 3 minute read.
The UNT Library Council for Diversity and Inclusion (LCDI) aims to foster a welcoming and caring community within UNT Libraries. LCDI identifies areas within UNT Libraries in which diversity, inclusion, and equity can be promoted or improved, and offers recommendations to Library Leadership.
Membership on the council is open to any full-time employees within the University Libraries. It aspires to include members from each library division.
For more information about LCDI, see our Charter, developing list of goals and accomplishments, and links to resources, and below.
(co-chair, External Relations)
(co-chair, Digital Libraries)
(secretary, Collection Management)
(Administration, Collection Management)
Darin Castillo(Collection Management)
Sarah Lynn Fisher
- *Teresita Hurtado-Ramos (Division of Institutional Equip and Diversity Rep.)
Read our Charter and Values
2020-2021 Council Goals and Current Work
The LCDI has identified the following goals, priorities, and work for the inaugural council members to complete.
- Establish council with rotating membership and ratified constitution
- Develop a transparent web presence for the council and our current work
- Conduct climate survey of all library employees and report findings
- Create a multi-phase action plan based on themes expressed in the Libraries’ climate survey
- Develop equitable hiring and retention policies and practices to improve diversity and inclusion across the libraries
- Develop policies and practices as needed to improve Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within UNT Libraries
- Improve the cultural expression, inclusiveness, and cohesiveness of UNT Libraries
Notable DEI Accomplishments and Activities in the UNT Libraries
The following library activities are being done across the libraries to improve and impact DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) work at UNT.
- Inclusive Excellence Award from the Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity
- First ever Division of Equity and Inclusion Diversity Fellow
Campus Resources and Trainings
Library Resources Guides by Librarians (LibGuides)
- Libraries D&I Interest Group (Internal)
- Office of the President’s Diversity & Inclusion Webpage
- UNT Human Resources
- Division of Institutional Equity and Diversity Employee Interest GroupsERG)
- Faculty Senate Committees
- DEI related Student Organizations via OrgSync