Event: The Factory @ Discovery Park Open House
About this Event
UNT Libraries invites students of Discovery Park to visit an interactive open house event hosted by The Factory. The event will include a series of interactive sessions with Makers about The Factory resources including, photography, 3D printers, digitizers, microcontrollers, and more.
In addition, students in attendance will become familiar with some of The Factory’s unique machines through a series of drop-in activities, including:
- Learn how to develop a fun and interactive project using a Makey Makey invention kit
- Experiment with The Factory’s camera and filter settings during a tabletop photography session
- Take part in a scavenger hunt for Scrappy made from laser cutters
- Learn to mill with the CNC Othermill
- Play with many of The Factory’s robotics
In addition, students can offer feedback and let The Factory know what they’d like to see in the makerspace.
Each of the drop-in activities will be run by one of The Factory’s expert makers.
We will offer some sweet treats and coffee as well as giving away some Factory swag.